The key to creating a gorgeous, elegant landscape is achieving a harmonious equilibrium between the timeless simplicity of character and the contemporary architectural elegance of your house. This ideal unity between home and backyard provides enjoyable living both inside and out of your residence.
The most elementary step in planning any functional and attractive garden design, irrespective of how complicated and straightforward it is, is careful consideration of the fashion of the home, in addition to the size of the entire property. With this information, you can choose a general landscape design theme and integrate other important principles and elements of garden design into your plan.
Assessing the Components of Landscape Design
There is far more to know the fundamentals of landscape design than just picking various plants and placing them on your lawn. To start, there are five key elements that, when correctly employed in your design, will create a comfortable and enjoyable outdoor living space.
- Scale: A variety of colors that present a complementary pattern can bring the entire lawn together.
- Scale: it’s essential to select plants and trees appropriately scaled to the rest of the landscape surroundings.
- Texture: The many surfaces of leaves, stalks, and petals add more detail to your garden design.
- Form: The form and physical characteristics of the plant life within the structure generate natural patterns that give appeal and style to your outdoor area.
The fundamentals of landscape design are the fundamental concepts used to implement the elements of garden design mentioned above.
- Unity – Creating unity during your outdoor living space, your home interior is one of the most important areas of a custom landscape design using a professional appearance.
- Repetition – Repetition and rhythm are created through color and texture, creating simple designs in character that give you relaxation and tranquility into your exterior design.
- Transition – The transition and circulation of the design and each of its elements are important.
- Proportion – Proportion, related to scale, is among the fundamentals of landscape design that require special attention.
The Importance of Planning
Each of those facets of landscape design cited above plays a vital role in garden preparation. Still, attention has to be placed on several different aspects of design for a truly functional outdoor space that combines elegantly with the design of your property.
Planning living areas, planting beds, and other aspects of your design is a lot easier with the assistance of a plot plan. You need to analyze the dirt drainage and contents abilities of your lawn to ascertain the best position of your plants, as well as the most appropriate types of plants to your local area and climate.
Landscape design Holland Outdoor Living Concepts is a faith-based organization whose mission is to present personalized design, setup, and maintenance solutions to each client. Their service-focused staff and industry-leading resources permit them to function as premier landscape contractors in West Michigan.
They’ll transform your landscape based on your precise needs and vision. But, so often, the customers do not understand the possibility their space has till they work together! For more of their services, check here.
While the fundamentals of landscape design are easy, combining these essential elements and principles to the ideal landscape plan is not always that simple. Lots of homeowners rely on the experience of a professional landscape design company to make the most of their outdoor living space.